C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Art of Joe Phillips

Always makes me smile. Among other reactions. Check out his website here.


Ooops! Very funny. I found a drawing by another artist of the effect of rainbow kryptonite on these two characters, but I don't dare post it here.


Love this. Notice how Joe has not only drawn the characters in a tender embrace, but also included pics in the background showing they've been together in love through the decades since childhood. Joe does that often, if you notice. That's what I was talking about in my post the other day; when I was growing up, there were no images in print or film of any happy, longtime gay couples; no images of gays at all. Real nice to think the younger gays now will always have these visuals in their minds, affirming their worth, and the possibility of real love.


Oh man, to be 16 again with a fast car, a best friend, and a night out in the country, under the stars. And not afraid to say and do what you really feel for each other, instead of pretending otherwise.


I love Joe's take on the classic Life photo "A Sailor's Kiss." Happy thought.


I laughed out loud when I saw Joe's update of Grant Wood's iconic "American Gothic." And the gay son is holding his cock prominently. Maw and Paw don't look too thrilled with the news, but whatcha gonna do? At least nowadays, there's a chance they would accept the boy and love him anyway, gay or not.


Joe's done a representation of each Zodiac sign, all very cool but I'm drawn to the contrasts here in Sagittarius: the blond boy and the dark centaur, the trusting, contented smile on the boy's face, the wary, wondering look on the centaur's, the curves and tapers of the boy's body drawing your eye down to his smooth little buttocks - astride the powerful back and body of the centaur. Certainly provokes some deep thoughts.

1 comment:

buff said...

JOe Phillip's art is fucking awesome.

He's my favorite male erotic artist.

Woof.

Mega hairy muscle hugs of thanks for sharing and featuring Joe's sizzlin hot work

Related Posts with Thumbnails