C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, January 20, 2021

"This Is Democracy's Day": Joe Biden Inaugurated as 46th President

In keeping with the Constitution and the votes of the American people, duly certified according to law, Joe Biden was peacefully inaugurated on the steps of the Capitol shortly before noon today in Washington, where as is customary he delivered his inaugural address, the sun shining brightly:

Text of the address is here.

Your Head Trucker wept to see Joe sworn in, finally, dispelling the dark clouds that have hung over the nation for the last four years. Many problems remain to be faced, but now I feel I can breathe again, hope again. This is the song in my heart today:

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,

Praise Him all creatures here below,

Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Amen.


From the Book of Common Prayer: 

Prayer For the President of the United States 
and all in Civil Authority
O Lord our Governor, whose glory is in all the world: We commend this nation to thy merciful care, that, being guided by thy Providence, we may dwell secure in thy peace. Grant to the President of the United States and to all in authority, wisdom and strength to know and to do thy will. Fill them with the love of truth and righteousness, and make them ever mindful of their calling to serve this people in thy fear; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.


-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails