C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Drive: Beautiful Isle of Somewhere

This lovely old hymn was a favorite of my Papaw's, and I had it played at the funeral of my darling Mama, who died eighteen years ago this week.



Somewhere the sun is shining,
Somewhere the songbirds dwell.
Hush then thy sad repining,
God lives and all is well.

Somewhere, somewhere,
Beautiful isle of somewhere,
Land of the true,
Where we live anew,
Beautiful isle of somewhere.

Somewhere the load is lifted,
Close by an open gate.
Somewhere the clouds are rifted,
Somewhere the angels wait.

(Repeat chorus)



2 comments:

Tim said...

I miss mine everyday, God bless all Mothers.

Russ Manley said...

Amen. I miss mine too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails