C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lovelight: Evergreen

Joe Jervis reminded his readers a few days ago that this song was number one thirty-five years ago right now.  Which hit your Head Trucker right between the eyes - where the hell did the time go? I do recall being entranced by this song when it was brand new, and dreaming dreams that young men have always dreamed, with one set of pronouns or another. At that age, it was easy to believe not merely in the possibility of happily-ever-after, but in its certainty as well.

Ah well.  We live and learn.  Meanwhile, just enjoy the might-have-been here with some studly pronouns - and dream of a dangling modifier or two.




Sleep tight, guys.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails