C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In Memoriam: Davy Jones, 1945-2012

The Monkees in 1966, Davy in the red swim trunks

Sad news: Monkees lead singer Davy Jones, British-born cutie, is dead at the age of 66 from a heart attack at his home in Florida.  It's hard to believe, when I remember him so young.


The Monkees in 2011

I had - still have - the album pictured on this clip, which somebody gave me for my 12th birthday.  Can't tell you how many million times I played it over the years - this song is still one of my favorites. Davy's British accent and sexy baritone are still ear candy to me, still a delight after all these years.



And here's the group (minus Michael Nesmith) performing the song in June 2011 at a concert in Indiana. Be sure to wait for Davy's punch line at the end, guys.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I remember racing home from my Saturday job to catch the Monkees on BBC TV, just before Dr Who. What a sad loss at to his family and fans.

Russ Manley said...

Yes indeed. And how strange to be this old, and realize how time has flown.

Related Posts with Thumbnails