C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, October 24, 2009

Culture Gap: Dope Party?

Help the old man out here, guys.  All day today, every time I go to check my AOL mail, I get this promo screen:


First of all, to middle-aged me, these young people don't look old enough to be drinking yet.

But what I need help with is the next to last remark:  is a major corporation like AOL really suggesting these kids are going to get together and smoke dope ( = weed, pot, marijuana) after a night of bar hopping?

If not, would somebody please provide a translation into geezer speak?  Thanks buddies. . . .

3 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

I believe dope in the context means, hot, great, fabulous, hot, popular, off the hook.

Russ Manley said...

Huh. Well thanks Dave, I'm so relieved . . . I think.

Russ Manley said...

PS....off the hook?

Related Posts with Thumbnails