C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Drive: Looks a Lot like Christmas

The roommate and I finally had time today to get some holiday decorations done and put the tree up. We bought a six-foot artificial one a couple of weeks ago, and for various reasons, it's the first time in years either of us has had such a big tree for the holidays. Our theme is "let it snow," complete with blue and white snowflake lights. Didn't turn out too bad; the effect in a dark room is kinda cool.

At this point in life, the holidays don't thrill me much. But my roommate's the creative type - with a full set of power tools - so it's fun helping him. Tonight we're having the big Xmas dinner with his grown kids and their significant others, so the kitchen is a wreck right now. But he's a great cook, so it should be scrumptious as usual.

And for all our Jewish friends out there, Happy Hanukkah! Here's a neat card I came across at Cafe Press. Enjoy.

4 comments:

larry said...

lovely tree! sounds like a nice evening ahead for you. have a merry christmas. larry

Russ Manley said...

thanks, same to you Larry!

Sebastian said...

A gay roommate who is creative and has a full set of power tools? You are a lucky guy.

Russ Manley said...

Yeah he's just used the power trimmer outside on the hedge and wired all the decorative porch lights. And hung paper snowflakes all over the living room ceiling. And baked a chocolate-orange marble cake before I got up this morning. Glazing the 11-lb. ham now. He's very handy that way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails