C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sunday Drive: The Beach Boys

It's been too damn hot this summer to even think about outdoor recreation of any kind, least of all lying out on hot sand, sizzling like a sausage.  But now that the daily high temps have climbed back down to a balmy 100 degrees, a cool dip in the ocean - followed immediately by a quick dash into a shady bar well stocked with ice-cold refreshments - begins to seem a pleasant thought again.

We live hundreds of miles from the ocean, so that's a no-go, but as a public service the Blue Truck presents a playlist of beach music from the guys who invented it.  Pick your favorite tune, spin the record, and remember how nice it was to be young and breezy - perhaps with a long-ago summer romance thrown in for good measure.  Enjoy.

-----


3 comments:

Frank said...

The music (and boys) that my adolescent fantasies were made of. I could only dream of surfing as there are no waves along the Connecticut shore (unless there's a hurricane brewing) but I was a beach addict and still am.

Davis said...

I love this sound so much - Like Frank, I dreamt of these guys...

Russ Manley said...

So glad you like, fellas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails