C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, July 18, 2022

100-Plus!

We've been slow-roasting down here in Texas since the middle of May, and today the heat is the worst yet.  M.P., who is hardly a delicate flower, said just walking out to the mailbox and back - about a car length from the front door - was almost unbearable. It's 110 in the shade as I write this, and nearly 80 degrees in the house, even with the central a/c and four fans going.  I hope all my truckbuddies are managing to stay cool.   

I'm sitting here in my boxers with a fan blowing on me, glistening as I type.  What's that?  Will I post a selfie?  Oh hell no - at my age, it's too gruesome!

For the record, the maps give you the big picture at 5 p.m. Texas time today - click to enlarge.



-----

2 comments:

Frank said...

It's a cool 98 at 5:43 PM here in our town in New Mexico.

Russ Manley said...

Lucky you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails