C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, June 8, 2022

UK Gay Pride 1979

This BBC documentary from 1979 shows what progress had been made in the ten years since Stonewall, and what yet remained to do.  It provides an interesting perspective, slightly different in details but essentially similar to the American gay rights movement at that time. 



A PBS show from about the same year called Word Is Out was a must-see event for me, still closeted at the time, but the full program is strangely missing from YouTube. I wonder if any of my truckbuddies remember watching it. Here is a trailer:


-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

This was superb.

Russ Manley said...

Glad you like. The first part was a bit tedious, but I thought the stories told by the helpline folks were very interesting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails