C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Pick a House

This might become a regular feature on the Blue Truck when I run out of other things to post.  And the slow dissolution of civilized life is simply too sad to write about.  But there was a time, not so very long ago, when it was still possible to believe in beauty; and from some old plan books, here are some lovely Colonial-style homes to look at, chosen at random from my files.

If you had to pick one of these to live in, which would you choose, and why?  (Click to enlarge; then from the lightbox, right-click to open them really big.)

C, L, Bowes, 1925

The Home Plan Book, 1939

National Plan Service, 1927

National Plan Service, 1963

National Plan Service, 1947

-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

1963 was our next door neighbor's house - I was jealous of the "columns" !

Russ Manley said...

Columns are good. It's a pretty ingenious layout for a large family, in a compact footprint.

Related Posts with Thumbnails