C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, June 2, 2022

Trooping the Colour, 2022

Live coverage of the first big London event of the four-day Platinum Jubilee celebrations begins at 10 a.m. London time, which is five hours ahead of New York time.  It is thought that the 96-year-old Queen will not take the salute in person on Horse Guards Parade, as is customary, but she may appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace afterwards when the Royal Air Force flypast provides the climax to today's festivities.

The Telegraph reports:


Or you can watch Sky News coverage from a different vantage point: 
 

The Queen issued this Jubilee message yesterday:
Thank you to everyone who has been involved in convening communities, families, neighbours and friends to mark my Platinum Jubilee, in the United Kingdom and across the Commonwealth. I know that many happy memories will be created at these festive occasions.

I continue to be inspired by the goodwill shown to me, and hope that the coming days will provide an opportunity to reflect on all that has been achieved during the last seventy years, as we look to the future with confidence and enthusiasm.

ELIZABETH R.

You can find the schedule of other Jubilee events this week at the BBC website here,

For other information, the official website of the British Royal Family is here.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails