C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday Drive: The Supremes Sing Rodgers and Hart

Even in a world of woe, there must be times of refreshment and joy.  I always get a lift when I listen to one of my favorite albums by the fabulous Supremes, which was released in May, 1967 - fifty-five years ago, strange to say.  

(Where does the time go?  Not until old age do you realize how very fleeting it is, and how short a span is one human life:  like the grass of the field.)

I did not know till now that they also did a TV special featuring the songs from that album; here is an excerpt, with the late, great Bobby Darrin joining in on a few numbers.  I hope you enjoy this fragment of musical history as much as I did.


You can listen to all the album tracks, plus others that were not included on the original release, on YouTube here.
-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails