C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Sunday, 2022



From Messiah, Part III, exquisitely sung by soprano Sylvia McNair:



A representation of the empty tomb.
Click to enlarge.

The Kyiv Symphony and Chorus perform the joyous Easter hymn at Northland Church in Longwood, Florida, about ten years ago, with Matthew McMurrin conducting:


From Eucharistic Prayer A in the Book of Common Prayer:

Holy and gracious Father: In your infinite love you made us

for yourself, and, when we had fallen into sin and become

subject to evil and death, you, in your mercy, sent Jesus

Christ, your only and eternal Son, to share our human

nature, to live and die as one of us, to reconcile us to you, the

God and Father of all.


He stretched out his arms upon the cross, and offered himself,

in obedience to your will, a perfect sacrifice for the whole

world.

. . . . . . . . . .

Therefore we proclaim the mystery of faith:

Christ has died.

Christ is risen.

Christ will come again.

-----

2 comments:

Frank said...

Happy Easter, Russ.

Russ Manley said...

Happy Easter to you too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails