C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: The Adventures of Robin Hood


Steve Hayes dishes up a review of the 1938 Technicolor classic, which if you've never seen - you should, if only for the delight of watching the athletic swashbuckling of superstud Errol Flynn:
Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland make movie magic in William Keighley and Michael Curtiz's 1938 spectacular, The Adventures Of Robin Hood. Sumptuously shot in Technicolor and featuring an unbelievable supporting cast featuring Claude Rains and Basil Rathbone at their villainous best, along with Alan Hale, Eugene Pallette, Una O'Connor and a cast of hundreds, it's the action/adventure epic of a lifetime and a perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving with the whole family!



Catch more fabulous movie reviews at Steve's YouTube channel.

4 comments:

Mike, Studio City said...

I have seen it several times over the years. Glenn just watched it for the first time last year.

Russ Manley said...

It's a great romp.

Davis said...

I watched this recently on TCM - it is a delight and absolute delight and Eroll Flynn… well Oh my.

Russ Manley said...

Oh my, indeed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails