C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, November 15, 2013

The Prince of Wales at 65

Prince Charles, who was born on November 14, 1948, at Buckingham Palace, celebrated his 65th birthday yesterday in a modest fashion at the British High Commission (read: embassy) in Colombo, Sri Lanka:




After years of wholly unjustified criticism about his opinions on organic farming, environmental awareness, and even the ugliness and dehumanizing effects of modern architecture, among other things, it seems the world - or at least the mainstream media - have finally come around to his way of thinking, judging by the many laudatory articles that have appeared lately in the British press.

Your Head Trucker has always thought the Prince of Wales a very fine man: highly intelligent, conscientious, and deeply concerned about people and the earth. He will make a fine king when the time comes. He is not, and never has been, just idly sitting around, twiddling his thumbs until the crown plops down on his head; as this interview with the Duchess of Cornwall reveals, the man hardly ever stops working on projects to benefit others - which the mainstream media rarely bothers to report on.

The business about Diana, well - all that is over and done now, and life goes on. So I send a birthday cheer of good wishes to HRH from Texas, and I hope all my truckbuddies will join in.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Well said Russ, I too think he will make a fine Monarch. Many happy returns sir!

Russ Manley said...

Hear, hear.

Davis said...

I hope this highly intelligent and sensitive man gets a chance to succeed his remarkable mother.

Related Posts with Thumbnails