C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Pork Boys Do Thanksgiving 2013

Actually, we had our feast on the 19th due to work and family schedules, but M.P., whose favorite meal is turkey and dressing, did it up all right and proper and totally fabulous, as he always does. Wish you boys could have been there - it was something to write home about, for sure.  Click to enlarge any of these:

Les hors d'oeuvres:  roll-ups of very thin ham and corned beef with cream cheese, green olives, black olives, and the Pork Boys' perennial favorite, deviled eggs.

M.P. put out the lace tablecloth with an undercloth and napkins of golden silk damask, figured with autumn leaves, that he found on sale at the fabric store. He's right good at sewing, and as you can see, at napkin folding too.

The table setting from the side, with a wicker cornucopia centerpiece and the paper chain from our Halloween dinner charmingly redisplayed.

A view of the living room and electric fireplace, all decorated with seasonal things.

The perfectly browned bird, steaming fresh out of the oven and ready to carve.

The groaning board awaits us.

The menu:  turkey, stuffing, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, twice-baked sweet potatoes, spinach and cheese soufflĂ©, and featherbed biscuits - made with potato flour, they are marvelously light and delicious.  And of course, some white zinfandel to add good cheer to a delectable meal.

Two kinds of pie for dessert, both homemade:  cranberry mousse and ground pecan.  Lovely.

I hope all my truckbuddies eat as well today, with such good company.

6 comments:

The Slabber said...

This is wonderful. Thank you.

Davis said...

Warm wishes for a delightful Thanksgiving Day

Tim said...

It all looks too good to eat, but I'm sure you both managed! Happy Thanksgiving.

Russ Manley said...

Appreciate ya, pardners.

Frank said...

Looks great. Hope there was some PORK sausage in that stuffing!

Russ Manley said...

There was, and crumbled bacon on the sweet potatoes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails