C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Will You Marry Me - at Home Depot?

From the video description:
Dustin arrived at the Home Depot in Salt Lake City thinking he was there to help his roommate pick out some lighting for a party. When he was taken to the lumber aisle, what he found waiting for him was a mob of friends and family as his marriage proposal unfolded to the song, "Somebody Loves You" by Betty Who.



So this is the 21st century, oh my. Many things I could say about this, but I'm just going keep quiet and reach for a Kleenex.


Update, 9/13: Joe Jervis says the source of the video is the singer's publicist, which makes me wonder if this was a real proposal or merely staged for the cameras. I did wonder where all the other customers and employees were, didn't you?

5 comments:

Greg said...

I watched this earlier today and smile right along with the grooms-to-be.

Mike, Studio City said...

That was so nice. I am glad you posted this.

Stan said...

Jeez, Salt Lake City even!

Tim said...

What a lovely couple, and Dustin looks quite studly, Kleenex time indeed. Can they get married in UT?

Russ Manley said...

Glad you like, guys.

Tim - absolutely not. Utah is the home and stronghold of the Church of Latter-Day Saints, i.e., the Mormons. Though they can, of course, travel to a dozen other states and tie the knot - it just won't be legal when they return home to Utah, so the moment they cross the state line they will be unmarried again. Except for federal purposes, which means a lot.


Related Posts with Thumbnails