C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Put the Blame on Mame, Boys

South Carolina governor Mark Sanford admits he wasn't hiking the Apalachian Trail; it was just a tale, he was really off hiking some tail. Another God-fearing, family-values, Republican pol caught with his pants down - just had to have some of that good stuff down Argentine way.

Oh but it's teh gayz who are destroying the American family, tearing society apart, bringing down the wrath of God! Right.

The governor apologized to the wife and kids at a press conference, saying he was ready to "work through the process" of forgiveness and reconciliation with them. Gee, all the straight boys have to do is say "I'm sorry" it seems, and that makes everything okay, no matter who they've been banging.

By odd coincidence, last night - before this story broke - the roommate and I were watching Gilda, the Rita Hayworth classic, which is set in Buenos Aires.

Now after hearing the gov's confession, I can't get this song out of my mind:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails