C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Vince Gill Confronts Westboro

Country megastar Vince Gill, raised a good Baptist boy in the depths of Oklahoma, confronted picketers from Westboro Baptist Church (who are not really Baptists, but a single clan of fanatics) outside the Kauffman Center, his concert venue in Kansas City, Missouri, this past Sunday. The picketers were protesting at his concert because he and wife Amy Grant, another singing star, are "adulterers" according to the Bible. Via Towleroad:



Way to go, Vince! He's a good man.

Here are Gill and Grant discussing their initial friendship and later marriage in a Larry King interview from 2008:



2 comments:

Stan said...

"a single clan of fanatics."
You are too kind Sir.

Russ Manley said...

I thought "inbred crazy-ass fanatical motherfuckers" might stray beyond the bounds of propriety.

Related Posts with Thumbnails