C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Marriage News Watch, 9/23/13

Matt Baume of the American Foundation for Equal Rights reports:




Update, 9/26: Holy fuck, can you believe this?

George H.W. Bush is witness at same-sex marriage in Maine

"Former President George H.W. Bush and his wife Barbara served as official witnesses Saturday at the Maine wedding of Bonnie Clement and Helen Thorgalsen, co-owners of a Kennebunk general store" and longtime friends of the Bushes - The Washington Post, September 26, 2013.


Or this - from the official YouTube channel of the United States Department of Defense:




As Joe Jervis says, "Sometimes it feels like we've moved to a different planet."

You can say that again.

2 comments:

Stan said...

Bravo Mr. President!
(Never thought I'd say that about a Bush.)

Russ Manley said...

I always thought Daddy Bush was an essentially decent man, though I never agreed with his politics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails