C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, June 24, 2013

Marriage News Watch

The Supreme Court issued rulings in several cases this morning, but the DOMA and Prop 8 cases were not among them.  This being the final week of the term, the Court is expected to wrap up the last few pending cases and issue rulings on them tomorrow . . . or Wednesday . . . or Thursday.  They don't say in advance what rulings they will issue on what days, so all anyone can do is wait and see.  Thursday the 27th would be a very good day, in my opinion, for the marriage cases rulings to come down, being the 44th anniversary of Stonewall. 

Meanwhile, Matt Baume has this week's update from the American Foundation for Equal Rights, sponsors of the Prop 8 case:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails