C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, September 13, 2012

World's First Color Film Found

Along about 1902, a young British photographer named Edward Turner came up with a way to film movies in natural color.  Unfortunately, Turner died a couple of years later, and his technique was forgotten, along with his pioneering films.  But now researchers at the National Media Museum in Bradford, England, have reprocessed the 110-year-old film found in their vaults, with amazing results:



Read more about the discovery at the museum's website.

6 comments:

BadgerBear said...

fascinating :-)

Harper's Keeper said...

No other word for it...absolutely fascinating.

Greg said...

it's amazing that the film has lasted as long as it has. Most of the old films from that time I thought had disintegrated or become so damaged as to be non-viewable.

Davis said...

Just a fantastic find

Russ Manley said...

I thought it was pretty amazing too, fellas - glad you like.

Greg - I know the pre-1950 nitrate films are prone to disintegrate, maybe he used a different type of film?

Grandmère Mimi said...

Amazing and quite exciting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails