C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pretty Pictures: Tissot, Boldini, Sorolla, Bougereau et al.

Even though we may know better with our conscious minds, I believe we do tend to think of the 19th century as a dull, gray time - on account of all those black and white photographs that were the norm in those days. But of course, it was an era as full of vivid color as our own. Whilst just idling my way along through various things this afternoon, I came across these videos that Sotheby's had up for auction last year, and they were all so lovely and so delightfully new to me that I just had to share them with you fellas. Enjoy.

More videos of paintings from this era and from others can be found at the Sotheby's website.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails