C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday in Holy Week

Caravaggio, The Calling of St. Matthew


Psalm 12:
Help me, LORD, for there is no godly one left;
the faithful have vanished from among us.
Everyone speaks falsely with his neighbor;
with a smooth tongue they speak from a double heart.
Oh, that the LORD would cut off all smooth tongues,
and close the lips that utter proud boasts!
Those who say, “With our tongue will we prevail;
our lips are our own; who is lord over us?”
“Because the needy are oppressed,
and the poor cry out in misery,
I will rise up,” says the LORD,
“and give them the help they long for.”
The words of the LORD are pure words,
like silver refined from ore
and purified seven times in the fire.
O LORD, watch over us
and save us from this generation for ever.
The wicked prowl on every side,
and that which is worthless is highly prized by everyone.
The Collect of the Day:
O God, by the passion of your blessed Son you made an instrument of shameful death to be for us the means of life: Grant us so to glory in the cross of Christ, that we may gladly suffer shame and loss for the sake of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Anglican Rosary Prayer
said on the cruciform bead
Dear Lord Jesus,
help me do the things I should.
To be to others kind and good.
And in all I do or say,
grow more loving every day.
Take Up Your Cross, by John Michael Talbot:


Honk to The Daily Office West for prayers and selections from the Lectionary.

2 comments:

Frank said...

I know Texas is a big place, hope you were out of harms way during the tornadoes.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, a big place - there was no bad weather here but thanks for your concern, Frank.

Related Posts with Thumbnails