C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Perving on Sears House Plans

Your Head Trucker is not ashamed to admit he is queer for floor plans, especially old houses like the ones Sears and Roebuck used to sell by mail order.  Sometimes I'll take an old plan like these and redraw them on my Home Designer software, updating just a little bit around the edges.  Like I did all weekend.  Hey, it keeps me off the streets.

Anyway, just sharing a really cool site I found:  Sears itself has an (incomplete) archive of their old house plans, which I had a blast looking through.  Check it out for groovy old homes like these:

6 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

OMG! I do the same thing and have since I was a kid! I even went to school briefly to become an architect. A dream I wish I had pursued!

dave said...

Wow - a new fetish for the books !

Ray's Cowboy said...

Interesting. I love to see the house being built and looking at them everyday until they are finished.
Ray

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this too. Partner can always find me in the "home plans" magazines at Home Depot or B&N. Do you know of anyone does anything like this today -- a ready-to-build home (other than log homes)?

David said...

The old Sears houses are so cool! Thanks for the tip on the site, I'll be checking that out.

Russ Manley said...

Glad you like, guys. I'll post some more links like this from time to time.

Anon - sorry bud I don't know of anyone doing the kit homes today, though still seems like a great idea to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails