C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, July 25, 2024

Tim Walz for Veep!

Tim Walz official photo
Governor Tim Walz (D-Minn.)

In the last 24 hours, your Head Trucker has discovered Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, and I think he would be a super Vice President for Kamala.  Of course, I know only what I've seen on YouTube and read on Wikipedia - which is true for all other candidates and politicians as well - but what I have seen and heard gives me great confidence that Walz is the man.  

And with Kamala, it would be a match made in political heaven - an irresistable Tracy & Hepburn team.

Woman of the Year (1942 poster - Style C)
Poster for Woman of the Year1942.
Click to enlarge.

What makes me so confident is more than Walz's resume - small town guy, family man with 2 kids, 24-year Army National Guard vet (artillery), high school teacher and football coach, 12 years a Congressman, 5 years as governor of Minnesota - but beyond all that, he's highly articulate, witty, and humorous, with a positive outlook on America.  A happy, hopeful guy - unlike the angry, snarling opposing team - and he's only 6 months older than Kamala.  He also has executive experience (governor), which Kamala does not.

See and hear him speak off the top of his head - no teleprompter needed - in this interview yesterday with MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle:

Now, Kamala - if the chemistry is there, you couldn't pick a better running mate than Tim.  He's a bulldog of a speaker, and will bring geographic balance, a Midwestern fan base already in place, and great positive vibes to the campaign.  I say, pick Tim for the win!

As for the rest of the front-runners:

Mark Kelly, 59, is a fine man too - solid, sensible, supports women's issues, and he's been your good buddy for years.  (Residence:  Arizona)

Josh Shapiro, 51, is a powerful speaker, though maybe just a wee bit cocky, and might be a liability when it comes to the Middle East mess.  (Pennyslvania)

Andy Beshear, 46, is a good guy, seems young, but "inherited" the governorship from his dad, and might not appeal to the working class.  (Kentucky)

Roy Cooper, 67, is a distinguished Southern governor, but not quite right for veep - secretary of state, maybe.  (North Carolina)

Pete B., 42 - love him, smart as a whip and steady as a rock, but I think his time will come a little later on.  He's doing a great job where he is, and you could keep him on in your cabinet, though I'd like to see him as a senator or governor.  (Michigan)

I'm still looking over the rest of the field.  I'll let you know if I make any other good finds.

Here's another video all about Tim Walz, from Canadian studlet David Doel, who happens to agree with me:



Some things are just meant to be:

Tracy and Hepburn in Adam's Rib, 1949.
-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails