C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, April 10, 2024

What We're Watching: The Wrecking Crew

It might be old news to the rest of the world, but we just discovered this 2008 documentary about the Los Angeles studio musicians who created the sounds we all loved in the 1960s.  As Dick Clark says in here, "They played for so many people in so many styles. . . .  They had the magic touch."  Though rarely credited for their work back then, this show honors their contributions to the "West Coast Sound" that was heard 'round the world on radio, records, TV themes, and movie soundtracks.  Fascinating.



An extra interview with delightful Carol Kaye, the only woman in the group, and a fabulous bassist:


-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails