C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Pilgrimage to Chimayo

My truckbuddy Frank had a post on his blog the other day on this shrine I'd never heard about.  Some people call it the "Lourdes of America."  I'm neither Catholic nor athletic, and the idea of a 40-mile hike uphill is rather uninspiring, to say the least. However, I can appreciate the spiritual impetus, and I'm sure many people do get a blessing of some kind thereby.  The impious may jeer and laugh at such simplicities; but there are many worse ways to spend a weekend.




-----

4 comments:

Frank said...

Thanks for the reference. We've been to Chimayo. It's a very old, quaint and lovely church/chapel. Ranch de Chimayo is a very popular restaurant there which we've been to once with a group of friends. Better than typical New Mexican cuisine.

Russ Manley said...

I imagine it would be a nice outing to visit up there. But not on foot! I'll leave that to you outdoorsy, athletic guys.

Davis said...

Both Nick and I have been to Chimayo both pilgrimages, but not on foot...

Really the atmosphere is very special and prayerful.

Russ Manley said...

Sounds like a nice place to visit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails