C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, April 29, 2024

Cavalcade of Food: German Chocolate Cake

For our Sunday dinner yesterday, M.P. made some down-home favorites:  breaded steak fingers, mashed potatoes, gravy, fried okra, ranch beans flavored with a little bbq sauce, and garlic toast.  Mmm-mmm good!  Dessert was M.P.'s famous Tres Leches Cake from last week, still sweet and cold and luscious.  Unfortunately, we have no pics to show you all because . . . well, the Pork Boys are just too old keep up with all the technology.  Maybe we'll take pics next time.

Meanwhile, from Cavalcade of Food, Kevin shows how to make a scrumptious German chocolate cake - and along the way, explains why it has nothing to do with Germany.  (It got started right here in Texas - who knew?)

-----

2 comments:

Frank said...

I'll never look like the guys below...so I'll just have another piece of cake please.

Russ Manley said...

Same here, welcome to the club. But we can dream, can't we?

Related Posts with Thumbnails