C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, October 11, 2023

To New York aboard the Normandie, 1939


Someone has found a color film of the last voyage of the exquisitely designed S. S. Normandie made by a young engineer in the French Line company in 1939, just days before World War II began.  What a find!  There are priceless views of the ship, its crew, and passengers.  The narration is in French, but just click the CC button to see English captions. 


-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

My partner's mother returned on the Isle de France returning from a musical tour of the Riviera just after Poland was invaded.

Russ Manley said...

How fortunate. I'm sure she was glad to get back to the good ol' U.S.A. then.

Related Posts with Thumbnails