C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Kevin's Cavalcade

We've been watching some videos from Cavalcade of Food lately.  It's based in the little town of Croswell, Michigan, up in the "thumb," where a fellow named Kevin is the friendly proprietor of a mind-boggling collection of vintage appliances, kitchenware, and furnishings from the 1950s to the 1970s.  His collection is so big that he bought a former five-and-dime store to display it all in.

We weren't too impressed at first, because what Kevin has collected is the same kind of everyday stuff - sometimes the very same make and model - that M.P. and I grew up with in that era, which all seem rather ordinary to us.  (Functional, yes; beautiful, maybe; glamorous, not at all.)  But you have to admire Kevin's energy and passion for amassing such a huge collection, each piece of which he can tell you all about in minute detail.  

Kevin also loves to cook, as M.P. does, and we've watched several of his cooking videos with interest.  The first one below is a crowd-pleasing treat we might make the next time M.P.'s family comes over - or maybe just for our own delectation some autumn night.

The second video gives an overview of the collection.  It's kind of a trip, looking at this huge display of so many familiar items from the past - maybe you'll get a kick out of it, too.

-----

2 comments:

Frank said...

Since the heart attack, Leon will eat about 1 slice of bacon a month.

Russ Manley said...

À chacun son bacon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails