C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday Drive: Brown Eyed Girl

 

This bouncy tune takes me back to August of 1967, and a long road trip through Wichita Falls - notorious as a hotspot, even for Texas - where I first encountered 100+ degrees of heat. We thought something was wrong with the a/c in the car until we stopped at a motel and learned how hot it really was. That was startling then. 

Now we have been living in 100+ degrees since early June, and it is no fun at all, fellas. Our a/c system can't keep up - 105 outside means 85 degrees inside the house. Better than being outdoors, but still miserable. 

But today we're enjoying a cold snap - it's only 95 degrees outside as I write. Whee!

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails