C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, August 10, 2023

Life Is a Beach, 8/10/23

Miramar Beach, Florida: 


Some people love the rocky shores and cold, dark waters of New England; some like the cold, pounding surf of California.  Fine - à chacun son goût.  But if I were choosing a beach to lie out on - a merely academic point at this stage of life - I would choose to be beside the warm, blue-green waters of the Gulf of Mexico.  

This live cam shows the sugar-white sands and endless vista of what has latterly been called the Emerald Coast.  My family stayed on the beach at Destin once, in the summer of 1963 - sixty years ago! - when there was but one motel, and nothing else for many miles but sand dunes and sea oats.  It was lovely - I've never forgotten.
-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails