C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, March 30, 2023

The Pork Boys Do Spring

Well, spring has sprung down here in Texas, and with the return of (mostly) sunny days and (mostly) warm weather, M.P. was inspired to cook up a spring feast for Sunday dinner (which we ate on Monday because Sunday was cold and dreary).  


Spring table setting with Ukrainian Easter egg centerpiece.




The rotisserie chicken with lemon and rosemary was a sensation!
M.P. uses a portable countertop electric rotisserie for such things.


English peas with that new-fangled argeyola lettuce, or whatever you call it.  Tastes like spinach to me.


Corn Balls - something like hushpuppies full of corn kernels - were a new invention of M.P.'s, but alas - they came out tough and chewy, so back to the drawing board.


The soup course was Egg-Drop Soup, delicious.


M.P. found a recipe online for Melting Potatoes roasted in chicken broth - mighty good flavor, but they don't melt, so it's a strange name.


Hot Cross Biscuits, another invention of M.P.'s, were fluffy and tasty, brushed with honey butter.


From the noon position:  corn balls, peas, potatoes, chicken leg quarter, biscuit.


Dessert was a plate of luscious banana-creme cupcakes.  Fabulous!


A gardening note:  M.P. has started work on the yard this week, and there's a lot of clean-up to do first.  He reports that the yard is covered with little wild violets like these.
-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

I sure wish I was your neighbor - I'd be dropping by regularly!

Love the spring colors. Our garden growing up had these wild violets in profusion - even wild white violets.

Russ Manley said...

We'd enjoy having you - alas, we don't have any gay friends near enough to dine with us.

How interesting that you speak of white violets - I didn't think these look very "violet" but what do I know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails