C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, August 3, 2022

What I'm Watching: The Making of Fantasia, 1940


My class got bused downtown to see this wonderful film when it was re-released in 1964 or 1965.  The 2000 remake was very good, but nothing can match the magic of the original for me.  Here's how it was made with human skill and ingenuity - and not a damn computer in the world at that time.


-----

3 comments:

Frank said...

I don't have the leisure to watch this at the moment but I am reminded of the fact that my father said that when he was just out of high school his dream was to go to California to work as a Disney artist. I'm assuming that if he had, I wouldn't be here to tell about it. (I am always the existentialist).

Russ Manley said...

How interesting. Did it ever occur to you that if your dad had worked for Disney, you might be a cartoon character now? Essence or existence, that is the question . . . (Grin)

Davis said...

That's fascinating, Frank. My partner had the same unfulfilled goal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails