C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Drive: Try to Remember

Patti Page on her own TV show in 1958

I can just remember standing in front of the big black-and-white TV set, rapturously watching Miss Patti Page, the Singin' Rage, perform.  I guess she was my first diva.  Here she very sweetly sings a number from the Broadway musical The Fantasticks in a beautifully edited video, very appropriate for the beginning of autumn.  Though of course down here, the leaves won't be turning color for another couple of months, if they ever do.




PS -- What's a fantastick?  Does that rhyme with hockey stick?  Must be a Yankee thing.


2 comments:

Davis said...

One of my very favorite songs. Thanks Russ.

Russ Manley said...

You're welcome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails