C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Drive: Cinderella


The heat has finally broken here - it was up to 100 on Tuesday, but last night it was down to 50 degrees here in Texas. The summer is rapidly fading away, but its sunny dreams live on.

You could do worse than to spend part of your Sunday watching the 21-year-old (!) Julie Andrews perform the title role in Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, broadcast live on March 31, 1957, over CBS and viewed by 107 million people - over half the population of the United States, an extraordinary event.

This clip contains one of your Head Trucker's favorites: "In My Own Little Corner." If you want to continue on with the whole show, the playlist feature should automatically take you through all the segments. Enjoy.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails