C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Stourhead in September

Click to enlarge.

The news these days is just too sad and too bad to dwell on. Instead, perhaps you will find some refreshment in contemplating the beauty of Stourhead, one of England's loveliest old stately homes, and its exquisite gardens. Just put all your worries and troubles on pause, and savor the peaceful harmony of the place:




Or if you need a chuckle, perhaps you will find one in this short clip of a daft old gardener playing tour guide:



I wonder if my truckbuddy Tim can tell us what sort of accent the old man has?  Seems rather West Country to me with all those pirate noises, but I'm no expert.

3 comments:

Hugo di Portogallo said...

I was needing a chuckle, so thank you for that! I don't know who 'we' are, but I would like to atend some weddingzes at that Apolo temple! Eheh, cheers

Tim said...

Russ, I have no idea who Len Gun is, but his accent is pure Mummerset, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummerset

He might be from Somerset in real life though, where he should remain IMHO!

Russ Manley said...

Hugo - glad it made you laugh.

Tim - thanks for the link.

Related Posts with Thumbnails