C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beat, Curse, Disown Your Gay Kid in Jesus' Name

What's love got to do with it? Joe.My.God. writes of this family in Kennesaw, Georgia:
440K views in one day of this YouTube clip in which a kid comes out to his family, only to have them curse him because Jesus, then physically attack him.



Dan Savage and others have set up a fundraiser to pay the kid's living expenses while he gets on his feet.


Update, 8/29, 9 a.m.: Donations for Daniel Pierce, who is staying with supportive friends, now exceed $50,000.

2 comments:

Frank said...

Very disturbing. Daniel will move on to a better life, but not without wounds. Unquestioned belief in erroneous interpretations of the bible is the cause of much suffering. Sad, very sad;sometimes it seems more and more people are moving into that ridged belief system.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, as Obama said in a speech a few years ago, they are obsessed with "God, guns, and gays." Nothing to do with Christianity - just sheer unthinking tribalism and scapegoating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails