C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fired for Being Gay

One day closeted gay Utahn Justin Utley got word at work that his partner had died. The next day, his boss, who had been monitoring his emails, fired him for being gay - which is perfectly legal in that state.

Last month, Justin and other LGBT Utahns got to share their stories with state legislators in an historic committee meeting at the state capitol. Here's Justin pleading for equal rights for gay and transgender people in the Beehive State:



2 comments:

Stan said...

this is unbelievable that this goes on. When my partner passed in 1991 I was lucky enough to have a gay boss and was treated with dignity. I could take all the time I wanted off with pay. This was in Atlanta Georgia at the time too.

Russ Manley said...

You were very fortunate. When my husband died I had only a week off. And had to move out of the house the following week. It was rough.

Related Posts with Thumbnails