C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"But I Had Mom and Dad"

Dan Savage is not without his flaws, but he is an articulate spokesman and brilliant performer when speaking on heartfelt topics like the need to reach gay youth through the It Gets Better Project. Earlier this year, Dan spoke at the Kessler Theater in Dallas on parents, religion, bullying, and LGBT kids (some parts NSFW):





He also spoke at Rhodes College in Memphis:

Continued after the jump . . .





2 comments:

Davis said...

Certain things he says put my teeth on edge, but he is a good man and has done a very good thing with this project.

Mareczku said...

Very interesting clips. I have to say that I went to 12 years of Catholic school and never heard one bad word said against homosexuality or gay people. It was never mentioned. I also never heard any anti-gay rhetoric in Church. A lot of priests are gay so one doesn't usually hear anti-gay talk in most Catholic parishes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails