C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Buick, My Love, and I





Click to enlarge.

The 1955-56 Buicks were beautiful, and so are the many gorgeous ads produced for the company in those years by the renowned illustration team of Art Fitzpatrick and Van Kaufman - a sampling of which you see above.

When I was a kid, my mom had a blue '55 Buick - it was a good car.  Here's a video compilation of more Buicks from the late 1940;s down to 1958.  Love those portholes (which actually delivered air to the operable side vents under the dashboard) and the elegant side swoop, which was a Buick feature on some models down to the early 1970's.




And just for fun, let's go back to the future in this 1956 General Motors promotional film, and find out what kind of automated highways we'll be able to travel in the scintillating, high-tech year of 1976!



2 comments:

Mike, Studio City said...

My family also had the '55 Buick. Great car. In '63 we bought a beautiful '59 Olds Delta 88. We called it the jet car.

Russ Manley said...

My mom bought a '71 Delta 88, but it had no pickup - emissions standards had kicked in, and it sucked trying to pass somebody. She traded for a '73 Caddy CDV with all leather seats - now that was a jet car.

Related Posts with Thumbnails