C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, February 10, 2014

The Birth of the Modern World: 50 Years Ago


On February 9, 1964, the Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show, and the whole world changed, for good or ill. Some might say it was then that the inmates began to take over the madhouse, but so many commentators have expatiated on the cultural shifts since that point in time that your Head Trucker feels no need to add to the discussion. Still, here are a couple of retrospectives made by CBS News at the time of the thirtieth anniversary, in case you need reminding of the electrifying first appearance of those mop-headed storm troopers.





And here's an amusing reminiscence by Mitzi Gaynor about appearing on the second Sullivan show featuring the Beatles, broadcast from Miami Beach on February 16:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails