C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, July 1, 2013

Bonne fête du Canada! - Happy Canada Day!



Your Head Trucker will always have a warm place in his heart for Canada, whose adoption of marriage equality nationwide on July 20, 2005, was a rare note of joy in the year after my husband's death. I did daydream several times of moving there during the dark days of the Bush regime in this country - if only it weren't so damn c-o-l-d! This Southern boy just doesn't think he could survive one of those brutal winters.

But still I say, Hooray for Canada! Vive le Canada! And bless their little frostbitten hearts. Today is their national day, and you can watch live coverage of various events from all over here at CBC or on CTV throughout the day and evening.

And Canada has a really lovely national anthem, did you know? Here's a bilingual version, with some awesome pictures of that beautiful country. Use the full screen on this, guys.



1 comment:

Jon DeepBlue said...

Cold and harsh winters are ideal for spending the eveinings cuddling and snuggling by the fireplace! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails