C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The T.A.M.I. Show

Our gay sister, the lovely Lesley Gore, singing at the T.A.M.I. Show -
when it was still respectable for a girl to sing rock and roll,
while dressed - and acting - like a lady.

My truckbuddy Tim over in sunny rainy Spain is working on another essay, which he's sent me a draft of - and something in it made me go look up some old sixties rock performances on YouTube. And to my amazement, I found that somebody has uploaded the complete film of the legendary T.A.M.I. Show from 1964 - lots of great music and classic performances there, thought the rest of you fellas might want to revisit your memories with this.

Performers include:
  • The Beach Boys
  • Chuck Berry
  • James Brown
  • Marvin Gaye
  • Gerry & the Pacemakers
  • Lesley Gore
  • Jan and Dean
  • Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
  • The Rolling Stones
  • The Supremes

Oh my, that was a good time to be young.  Who's your fave?



2 comments:

craiglaurence said...

The Rolling Stones and then the one and only James Brown, James Brown and James Brown. Love the energy of the T.A.M.I. tapes, captures that moment oh so well. Thanks for the post....Craig.

Russ Manley said...

It was a great moment indeed, glad you like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails