C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gay Proposal in the White House

During a White House tour organized by the Military Partners and Family Coalition, active-duty Marine captain Matthew Phelps made an historic first on Saturday when he dropped to his knees and popped the question to his boyfriend, Ben Schock, on the six-month anniversary of their first date.



Story here. More pictures here.

My stars, I have lived to see this day. All good wishes to the happy couple.

3 comments:

Davis said...

This is about as cheering an event as I can imagine.

June Butler said...

Lovely story. I wish all the best to Matthew and Ben.

Russ Manley said...

It's a wonderful thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails