C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Apology from Texas

Honk to Joe.My.God. for this gem:



And the quote from the late, great Molly Ivins is right on the money. Here it is in context from her 2005 book, Who Let the Dogs In?: Incredible Political Animals I Have Known:
Who knew Dubya Bush would be this bad? I realize there is nothing more annoying than someone who says, "I told you so." But dammit, the next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be in the White House, would you please pay attention? . . . Things could be worse. The current governor of Texas is a lot dumber than the last one, and he could run for president.
And lo and behold, it's happened.  Trust me and Molly, guys: you totally do not want to see true-believer, God's-anointed Perry ruling the country.

As a reader commented on Andrew Sullian's blog the other day, Perry is "George Bush on steroids." And that's about the sum of it.

2 comments:

Frank said...

I become more frightened and cynical every day. Will I awaken from this nightmare? Or will it get worse?

Russ Manley said...

I do know the feeling, Frank - a nightmare or a madhouse? Either way, it's very unsettling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails