C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day


The awesome Pat Benatar leads this kick-ass live performance of Martina McBride's great hit:



The first time I ever heard it, it didn't grab me. But over the years, I've come to think of the chorus as a kind of anthem for anyone beaten down, despised, and abused. Including all of us queer people.

One day our true freedom to be all that we are will come. Meanwhile, enjoy the holiday, y'all.

4 comments:

DeepBlue said...

Happy 4th!
Love Pat Benatar!
We might be pleasantly surprised!
Hugs
Jon

Russ Manley said...

Hugs back at ya, Jon.

BosGuy said...

Wow! I love that picture of the US Flag with the rainbow... Very perrty.

Russ Manley said...

I thought so too, glad you like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails