C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, September 21, 2024

Coach Fixes His Truck

I love it:  this is a brilliant piece of campaign advertising.  The monologue might have been a little better written, but the point is clear:  Walz is a regular guy, a man of the people, and the Democrats care about all us ordinary, middle-class folks.  Unlike the other guys.  Sure, it really doesn't have anything much to do with the issues - but it is a very appealing portrait of Walz's humanity and decency,  

It's an old, old strategy in the US of A.  All through the 19th century, parties loved to paint their candidate as a true-blue American, born in a log cabin, a drinker of hard cider, not fancy French wines, a real man of the people, not some rich, out-of-touch snob from the big city who doesn't care about working folks.  The more things change . . . 

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails